Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where are the Elephants?!?!?!

Today in one word...Elephantastic! Gosh I love the zoo! Today we went to Perth zoo and got to see kangaroos (staple animal to view while in australia...check) , koalas, tasmanian devils, numbats, a gigantic crocodile that could easily eat me whole, GIRAFFES, ELEPHANTS (my two favorites), orangutans, zebras, Tortoises that were the size of a small coffee table, and so many other cool things!! We also discovered the city of Perth and how beautiful it is! The day was gorgeous and the blue sky highlighted the ferris wheel and cool buildings in the middle of Perth. We rode the ferry across the river to South Perth which is where the zoo was located. The hours we spent at the zoo were lovely..we had just enough time to see all the animals we wished to see and we got to spend time with two girls from Germany: Isabelle and Tina (who will be in my photography class)!

Yesterday Keith, Kelsey and I attempted to make fried rice..well Keith and Kelsey did really. There was a lot of sauteing, rice cooking, defrosting, and frying of meat vegetables and rice. The finished product...good, not great. It is so fun to experiment with cooking, especially when no one really knows what they are doing. Kelsey and I have been brainstorming recipes and trying to come up with anything we can especially for dinners. Last evening we settled on having tortellini again..delicious. But this evening we decided to be a bit adventurous and made asian style quesidillas with sauted carrots and onions with chicken in an asian sesame sauce that we put over rice in a halved tortilla with cheese and salad!! We decided this recipe could be another staple of ours that can be changed up with a different sauce, meat, and vegetables.

More exciting updates..my flat mates are great! Yesterday we had a Wii tournament in our living room. I am so lucky that they are so friendly. We played tennis, bowling, and golf. I held my own in tennis and bowling taking second place...I failed in golf. But it was just so nice to feel welcome and have fun!

This place continues to bring me sun, beautiful skies, and new friends....I think I am going to like it here!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the trip has been exciting so far. Asian Style quesadillas...gotta try that. I love experimenting with food. Hope all is well? I plan to follow your blog as long as you keep it up and will share it with Cadie as well. Taking lots of photos? Can't wait to see 'em. Take care...Uncle Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uncle Marc and company!!

    I am so excited that you are following my blog!! I will try to keep it up to date!! I am having a blast so far! If you know of any easy recipes let me know! WE are struggling a little knowing what to cook :) I will try and get my photos up on the web and I will let you know!!

    <3 Lauren

    ReplyDelete