Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm eating what?....kangaroo meat!

That's right..today I tried kangaroo meat on the barbie (barbeque) outside in the forty degree chill. A large group of Americans, Germans, Singaporeans, Finlanders, and Danish(ers?) stood around the barbie ( a flat so called grilling surface). The two singaporeans who have been here for a semester took over the grilling and we attempted to cook pork, sausage, beef patties, chicken, wings and dan dah dah kangaroo kabobs. After fiddling with the grill that turns itself off after just so long...no wonder things were cooking so slowly, we finally cooked through all our meat. My dinner consisted of lots of meat including some kangaroo. It had a very unique taste, kind of gamey, but decent and know I can say I have eaten kangaroo. Kind of sad when just yesterday I was taking my picture with one...:/ Oh well, I hope they will understand.

Kelsey moved into my double today!! Woo hoo, know things will jus tbe easier and I won't have to keep anxiously awaiting a roommate. Plus we can skype more easily and I don't have to be worried about what I leave out in my room. That is a weight lifted off my shoulders :) Our room is so cheerful now, it makes me smile :)

We made chocolate chip cookies today...with an interesting recipe and an oven that has only two temperatures..hot and hotter. The recipe we used was one with condensed milk and too much butter...we definitely need a different recipe next time they are very crispy and extremely buttery. Certainly artery clogging! The stove is self-lighting when it wants to but the flame is open in the back and doesn't cook things very evenly or at any certain temperature. It could be interesting for our later cooking endeavors.

We were supposed to go on a prison tour tonight, but it has been moved to Friday. Probably a could thing as Kelsey had time to move in and get all set up! I got my books today for all three of my classes...178 dollars not bad compared to Boston College. My photography book was the most expensive but looks sooo interesting! We have more orientation sessions tomorrow and Friday and a couple barbeques this weekend (boy do they love their barbies).

Longer letter later love lauren

4 comments:

  1. "but hopefully they will understand" ?????????

    ahahahhahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have them check your stove, that is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the weekend off, I'll be right over and fix that stove for you. My appliance repair degree needn't go to waste!
    Just eat vegemite sandwiches 'til I get there and save me a piece of that 'roo, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAH Thanks man!! I wish you could come right over! If only it took less than 30 hours to get here...

    ReplyDelete