Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally in Perth!!

We finally made it through our 25 hours of flying and around 36 hours of total travel time. It was exhausting, but things went pretty smoothly. Thank goodness we were told we had to get our bags in sydney and recheck in or we would have been with no bags in perth. Customs was a little stressful in the Sydney airport because we only had a two hour layover, but we got there in time to board the plane to Perth. The trip from Sydney to Perth was little painful because we were so anxious to finally get there!

Then we took a shuttle bus from the airport that dropped many people off in different places, we were on the bus for about an hour and a half driving around the city and to some suburbs and then back to murdoch. It turned me all around so i have no clue how far we are from the middle of the city. Once we finally got here we found our rooms. Kelsey is right across the courtyard from me! The apartments have a living room and kitchen and then a hallway with five rooms, two singles and three doubles and two bathrooms.

I do not currently have a direct roommate and until last evening had not met any of my suitemates. Kelsey and I went right out and bought necessities for our rooms and food. We made dinner, took showers and pretty much hit the hay. As soon as I was ready for bed with no glasses on, wet hair and pajamas one of my suitemates arrives home. So I met him for a minute..but was so exhausted I didn't catch his name and felt silly this morning when I could not remember. My other flatmate I met at 6am this morning as I walked to the bathroom to go pee and was still half asleep...how I remembered his name I'll never know!

After speaking to my family this morning on skype and chatted with ally, megan, and greg I was feeling a little lonely and missed home. But then I attended orientation all day today and made lots of friends and saw our beautiful campus and learned about the campus and all the cool places there are to see. I signed up for activities over the next week or so to go to the zoo and the city and such. I am going to make dinner at Danielle's (the other girl from BC) and then we are going to hang out with some of the people we met today from Miami, California, and Wisconsin...yeah no Australians yet due to the orientation being for international students, but hopefully soon!!

I am super excited about the next few weeks and hope I will figure out how to get around and how to do the things I want to do!

Miss you, love you, Leave you something later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren!
    It is great to be at your blog site and read your entry! I cannot wait to hear more about your semester in Australia. Keep us posted!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete